- The Rectory
- Mayfield Road
- East Sussex
- TN6 3LU
If you are researching your family's history and would like to confirm if you have any ancestors buried at St Denys' then please feel free to download the following files which we hope will help you with your investigations.
We have provided two files for you to peruse.
1. Names of people buried sorted by burial site and alphabetical order Click here
2. Names of people alphabetically and including the location of burial Click here
Pages 1-2 : Map of graveyards showing plot locations
Pages 3-237: A list of burials
Pages 238-441: A list gravestone inscriptions and grave locations
(Both files are in PDF format. The second is rather large and might take some considerable time to download.)
There are several burial sites and these are as follows: -
- The church (C followed by the relevant plot number)
- The extension (EX followed by the relevant plot number - the extension is accessed from the south-west corner of the churchyard).
- The churchyard (no prefix, just the number of the plot),
- Eridge Lane (EL followed by the relevant plot number)
The location of the plot numbers for the churchyard and for the extension are shown on the maps.
The archivist is happy to give help if you need it and to try to provide you with any further information you can use to help you in tracing your family tree. Whilst there is no charge for this service, donations to the church fabric fund are always welcome. Should you wish to contribute your cheque should be made payable to 'St Denys' PCC' and sent to the Rector to pass on to the Treasurer.
Further names may be found in our Book of Remembrance which is located inside the church with a votive candle stand by it.